eGO mobile app

you didn't post this in the wrong post but the media team is actually working on building a Iphone app.
 
An app for what? Viewing the forums? o.O
Maybe they'll make a Droid app.
Droid ftw! :D lol
 
Great idea! But, iPhone and Android both have Internet... So wouldn't an app be sort of pointless? It would still be cool though.
 
^ Nah. Facebook Mobile app is much easier to use than the browser facebook. EdgeGamers mobile (or whatever the name may be) would be the same. The interface is much easier to use on an app of that kind, making the experience much better while browsing the forums or looking for news on the go.
 
^ Nah. Facebook Mobile app is much easier to use than the browser facebook. EdgeGamers mobile (or whatever the name may be) would be the same. The interface is much easier to use on an app of that kind, making the experience much better while browsing the forums or looking for news on the go.

I actually bang my head against a wall when using Facebook Mobile app on my Droid X. So I wouldn't say it's easier. Some things, kinda sorta, other things.. :cursing: no.
I've actually completely removed the app.
Anyways, if they make an app meant to just view forums, not the rest of the site I'd be down to support it.
 
Tapatalk.

Its a Forum viewer app that lets you view/respond to PMs, view and reply to threads, ect... I dont know if its on the Iphone but i know it is a Droid app. Its so much better than viewing forums on a mobile webpage. It may be worth dropping off a suggestion in the drop box (since last I checked Edgegamers.org is not on tapatalk).
 
Tapatalk.

Its a Forum viewer app that lets you view/respond to PMs, view and reply to threads, ect... I dont know if its on the Iphone but i know it is a Droid app. Its so much better than viewing forums on a mobile webpage. It may be worth dropping off a suggestion in the drop box (since last I checked Edgegamers.org is not on tapatalk).

That's because eGO is using an older version of vBulletin.
 
I could attempt to write an Android app for the forums. It'd be my first android app, and I think the hardest part would be figuring out how to log in without being in a browser.
 
Tapatalk.

Its a Forum viewer app that lets you view/respond to PMs, view and reply to threads, ect... I dont know if its on the Iphone but i know it is a Droid app. Its so much better than viewing forums on a mobile webpage. It may be worth dropping off a suggestion in the drop box (since last I checked Edgegamers.org is not on tapatalk).

It is indeed an app in the app store as well. Use it on the iPad for a few forums (mainly Silverfishlongboarding :P)
Like Phobus said, it wouldn't work for our forums though :/

Celtic, for some reason I have troubles with Facebook mobile on the android side, but to me it feels a lot more smooth over on the iPhone side.
But if the app was just to simply browse the forums/news, it shouldn't be a problem.
 
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Apple. I have to live with them though. My girlfriend is basically married to Apple.. she lives an iLife lol.

The site actually loads decently on mobile web for my Droid X. But if the app loaded quicker and worked better, I'd use it. I'd be more active on the forums too XD

Maybe this is a sign that we should update the forums?
 
I personally think they should have a total redesign of the whole website, but that's probably not going to happen for a while.
 
Fyi


ego_breakingnews2.png


egosmartphoneapp3.png
By Artimus
Thanks to TomsSound, eGO has a cool, new smart phone web application. Although not every feature from Edge-Gamers.com could be included, you are sure to find that the app is a quick way to stay informed with what is going on in eGO.

Click HERE to view.

​
 
Last edited:
^ Nah. Facebook Mobile app is much easier to use than the browser facebook. EdgeGamers mobile (or whatever the name may be) would be the same. The interface is much easier to use on an app of that kind, making the experience much better while browsing the forums or looking for news on the go.

Tinfoil for Facebook
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.danvelazco.fbwrapper&hl=en

It is just a wrapper for the mobile site, but it works better than the official app, and drains less battery, and tracks you less.

The only thing it cant do is:
-upload photos (but you can set up photo texting to facebook if you wanna do that really...)
-Push notification (which are broken on the official app anyways)


The sheer idiocracy of the facebook mobile app just astounds me. I mean what does Zuckerberg do? Does he honestly look at it, and say "wow, we made a good app here" Like for real....he cannot possibly say that.



I was just about to mention something like that....
 

Latest posts

Back
Top