DownloadSpeed on Phone

BlackBird.

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
2,865
Hello,
I just bought a Nokia E72, with internet.
And I got 1Mbps internet speed. Which is 1024/9=about 130 KB/s

But when I download an app which is 74 kb. Its not taking less then a second.
Its like, at least 10 seconds.

Anyone have an explanation for this?:)

Thanks,

Bird.
 
Hi Blackbird,

Please keep in mind that there are a lot of factors in play when you're actually downloading something when compared to a speed test app or site.

Some factors might include, the hosting's bandwidth speeds (in particular their upload), the host's current load, depends on where their file server is located at compared to you. This can go on for a bit, but I'm sure you get the idea.

As a final note, when doing a speed test, the app or site picks the closest speed test server for you to test your speed. Additionally, these sites are designed for just for this purpose.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top