ATI 9700 Pro

Skattles

Famous
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
542
I already know its an old G-Card
But anyways it just recently started crashing the game i was in.
haven't tried it with other games but its been happening in
World of Warcraft. I have the drivers updated and its still doing it.
I had this problem a long time ago with this card but don't
know what it was that fixed the problem. My Computer case is not Cool efficient case
Could it be that my card is over heating?
 
Hi Skattles,

Does the crashing occur only if you play games or in general? When did this start happening and do you remember if you installed something new or if the weather/your environment grew hotter.

As for overheating, you can get some compressed air and ensure all your fans are clean including the GPU and CPU fan. Personally, I might have a great case which has high air flow and good circulation. However, I clean out all my fans every 2 weeks during the summer time, other times once a month. You can try this easy step and see if it solves the issue.
 
yeah its prob my fans i need to get some more compressed air i had just recently ran out cleaning my girls old comp. But yes this happens only when playing games i can leave my computer on all day and it not shut off. I think Common sense has figured this one out for me. just need to take better care of my computer. I have a Air efficient case just the mother board doesn't fit also the position of the Power supply the cords are not long enough.
 
Yeah, definitely try the cleaning of the fans. If you have some spare cash you can try transplanting everything into a new case as well.
 
im trying to save some money to completely upgrade that why i will actually have a better G-Card this 1 is just way too old
 

Latest posts

Back
Top