DvD Drive Failing!

shan^K

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
675
Ok so I got this new problem a week ago. When I insert a CD or a DVD in my drive nothing happens. I've tried reinstalling my drivers and deleting some values in my registry that I read on a forum but it didn't help. Any suggestions? This is my drive <hp DVD A DH16ABLH SATA CdRom Device>
 
Well it's a fairly new computer so I didn't think of doing that, also everything was working up until last week. The drive is showing up on My Computer so if it wasn't plugged then it should be missing right?
 
It would be missing.

Is this a desktop or laptop?

If it's a desktop, just buy a new one for $20 or so from Newegg and be done with it. No point in messing with something so cheap and easy to replace.
 
I would go into system information/device manager --- entirely delete the drive from the list.... restart the pc.. it should find "new hardware" and install the neccesary codec to run it.
 
But before you do that - what does the device manager say?

I've seen error conditions for drives in the device manager that a quick google search found fixes for.
 
Device manager shows the device as working perfectly, I deleted the drive and restarted my pc, no change.
 
Back
Top