Suggested Motherboard for this Rig

rhockeyfan

I made one post
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
16
Case
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior
Model #:RC-932-KKN5-GP
Item #:N82E16811119160

Graphics Card (2x)
EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support FPB Video ...
Model #:01G-P3-1561-AR
Item #:N82E16814130604

Power Supply
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power ...
Model #:CMPSU-850TXV2
Item #:N82E16817139022

CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K
Model #:BX80623I72600K
Item #:N82E16819115070

SSD
Intel 510 Series (Elm Crest) SSDSC2MH120A2K5 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Model #:SSDSC2MH120A2K5
Item #:N82E16820167042

RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
Model #:F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
Item #:N82E16820231358

Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Model #:ST32000641AS
Item #:N82E16822148506
 
1. Socket 1155 doesn't support tri-channel RAM as far as I know. Get a kit that's 2x??GB for however much you want.

2. A board like this should be good. Someone else might know more about boards though.

3. SLI 560s + 2600k = 550W-600W. Although Corsair's V2 line is very solid.

4. No aftermarket CPU cooler? Dropping cash on a 2600k but not giving it the love? I'd rather buy a 2500k and use that $100 to buy something ridonculous.
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131759
^
This motherboard would be the motherboard if you want to pay $200+ that has all the features you will possibly need.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131773
^
The motherboard that's the perfect price with exceptionally amount of features that'll still get the job done.
That's true, if it is out of your price range, the one he listed is equally as good, just doesn't have as many features.
 
No Budget... anything that fits these objects and still has room to grow if needed.

If I did put a cooling system in for the i7 what would be recomened as well
 
Last edited:
If I did put a cooling system in for the i7 what would be recomened as well

Depends on the budget and personal preference.

$20-30 is a CM Hyper 212+, best performer for the money.
$40-50 Thermalright HR-02 Macho or CM 612

I feel I need to say that right now those two I just listed in the $40-50 range are brand new as of about last week and very strongly compete against $70-100 coolers. If I was buying a new heatsink today, I'd buy one of those two simply for price/performance. Cooling hasn't ever been so cheap as those two. Your other options would really just be about what fits your RAM and personal taste in aesthetics. I'm pretty sure the Silver Arrow and NH-D14 both conflict with Ripjaws (don't quote me on that), but the Venomous X, Archon, and the both Corsair Hydro and Antec Kuhler lines won't.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top