Second harddrive wont show up.

extremelyhotsauce

EGO Addict
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
1,295
Alright so a few years ago I had a computer that started getting BSOD's and the only part salvaged was the Hard Drive. Now last year I get a new computer with a new HD and the old one (I didn't know that until a few days ago). Now a few weeks ago I got a new GFX, and had to ditch my CD drive because the old HD I never knew about was taking up a slot. Now TWO days ago I wanted to reinstall BC2. I was told all I have to do is open up the computer and unplug the second HD and plug in the CD drive cord. So I thought "OK this will be cake." But the second cord is jammed into the port and I can't unplug it, I can unplug the side connecting to the HD but thats about it. I cant waste time putting my comp in the local store we have because it doesn't make a big deal. Now I realized that there was a drive called H or something with about an EXTRA 200 gigs of space, thinking it was something used for the computer I thought I couldn't touch it in fear of screwing up the computer. But now that I know it WAS for the harddrive HOW DO I GET IT BACK D: It was there a few days ago, but now, even when it is connected it wont show up. I'm thinking about getting into CGI, animating, 3dsmax stuff and I really need that for storage.

EDIT: Info
The second hard drive wont show up in disk management or device manager
 
Last edited:
Hi there,

Please go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management.

Off on the side you'll see it say Disk Management. It should list every HD connected to your computer there. Do you see it here?

~ Logic
 
Alright so a few years ago I had a computer that started getting BSOD's and the only part salvaged was the Hard Drive. Now last year I get a new computer with a new HD and the old one (I didn't know that until a few days ago). Now a few weeks ago I got a new GFX, and had to ditch my CD drive because the old HD I never knew about was taking up a slot. Now TWO days ago I wanted to reinstall BC2. I was told all I have to do is open up the computer and unplug the second HD and plug in the CD drive cord. So I thought "OK this will be cake." But the second cord is jammed into the port and I can't unplug it, I can unplug the side connecting to the HD but thats about it. I cant waste time putting my comp in the local store we have because it doesn't make a big deal. Now I realized that there was a drive called H or something with about an EXTRA 200 gigs of space, thinking it was something used for the computer I thought I couldn't touch it in fear of screwing up the computer. But now that I know it WAS for the harddrive HOW DO I GET IT BACK D: It was there a few days ago, but now, even when it is connected it wont show up. I'm thinking about getting into CGI, animating, 3dsmax stuff and I really need that for storage.

EDIT: Info
The second hard drive wont show up in disk management or device manager

:D
 
You can check the BIOS and see if it shows up there, but usually if it isn't showing up in the Disk Management, it usually isn't properly connected. Please confirm that everything both the data & power cable is connected to the HD and the other end connected to the motherboard and power supply unit respectively.
 
I can't be sure if its in correctly because one end is jammed into the port. Maybe I'll just get 1 or 2 TB External HD
 
You can try carefully pulling it out of the port. They usually don't get jammed/stuck in there like that... it usually means it was forcefully pushed in from the get go.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top