DirectX error

Cyberia

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
2,671
Background

Well I was making a spray for CSS which changes picture with distance, And this required DirectXSDK. So I successfully downloaded it and started the installation, but half way through it crashed and gave me an error. S1023.

So I googled it and found out my DirectX was corrupt, So I uninstalled it using a program and when booting up I realised I've lost my Windows XP Home Edition disk so I can't re-install it using that, And the downloaded DirectX won't install because " An Internal System error occurred. " I then read that downloading the redistributable directx 9 may work. So I was downloading that and the only download mirror I can find is the official windows one which starts the download at 900Kb/s then drops slowly until 1Kb/s then it gets " Interrupted ". I usually download at 150-200Kb/s and other downloads are working so I'm guessing its the mirror. How can I install DirectX9 without the CD?

TL;DR. DirectX uninstalled, No Windows XP Disc, Downloaded version don't work.

And Btw I've even considered " Illegal " Versions of the CD in ISO format.

EDIT>>>>>>>>

7th August 2011. Please read latest post.
 
Last edited:
"Do what you want because a pirate is free, you are a pirate."

Can't download DirectX from Microsoft, eh?!
Being throttled? Microsoft cuts you off because you are unable to validate with their key servers?

This is an outrage!! We'll show Microsoft!
[ame="http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-DirectX-Redistributable-June-2010/3000-2121_4-10176490.html?tag=rb_content;contentMain"]Microsoft DirectX Redistributable (June 2010)[/ame]
 
"Do what you want because a pirate is free, you are a pirate."

Can't download DirectX from Microsoft, eh?!
Being throttled? Microsoft cuts you off because you are unable to validate with their key servers?

This is an outrage!! We'll show Microsoft!
Microsoft DirectX Redistributable (June 2010)

Roflmao Ric.

Turns out my mum had the disc @_@.

Installing DirectX now. Thanks for the quick reply and help though!
 
DirectX is working, DirectXSDK is working and installed spray is finished but my DirectX level won't update. I've installed it multiple times from the Re-distributional version and the normal one but it won't change from 8.1 to 9.1. So for now I can't play any steam games. Any ideas?
 
till you find a fix.. add this line to Set Launch Options

-dxlevel 8.1

I cant guarantee if this will work for you though.
 
Last edited:
have you run dxdiag to see what the issue is with directx

I've run it, Nothing appears to be wrong except it says I'm running Windows ME but MyWindows properties still says Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top