Videos and demos

Show No Mercy

Active Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
315
Hey all.. I just wanted to know what the best way to record demos and use them for making a video was.. also, what other programs to use to cut and edit scenes, add text and music, etc..

Cheers,

SnM
 
Not sure what program is good to record with, but when I cut and edit stuff I use "Windows Video Maker" :)
 
Windows movie maker is free, and should already be on your machine. I also like Sony Vegas. It is powerful and real easy to use.
 
As for recording, FRAPS and GameCam seem to be the recorders of choice. FRAPS will take a toll on your framerate, GameCam may not.
 
Can you get addons or anything for movie maker besides the basic features? I took a boo on google quick but couldn't really find anything.
 
If you're recording in Source, use SourceRecorder. It's already built into the engine, just bring up the console and type in

record "demo name"

After that, download a program called Virtualdub (It's on SourceForge, or you can google it), then take the .dem file that's in the game's directory and convert it to a suitable format.
 
my father is a video editor
he uses almost everything from adobes
i am interest in making one too
 
record videos using the "record "name"" without quotes in console use fraps make it a video files, and use vegas for effects sound etc etc
 
if you dont buy fraps then you can only record 30 seconds at a time...but it still works well for me and windows movie maker works great too!
 
I started using Sony Vegas and I exported a preview .avi but it only shows a black screen.

Anybody know what's going on there?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top