Can't decide on my GPU

House 2twist

Famous
Joined
May 18, 2009
Messages
508
Ok, im stuck betweem 2 cards:

Radeon 6950 or GTX560 Ti?

Im seriously about to just flip a coin and let that decide since they seem to get equally good reviews.
 
Is it the 6950 2GB model?

If so, that is the card you want. The extra memory will probably allow the card to last longer. Also, I've had less issues with AMD's drivers vs. Nvidia's drivers. That's personal preference, but I would get the 6950 in a heart beat.
 
Is it the 6950 2GB model?

If so, that is the card you want. The extra memory will probably allow the card to last longer. Also, I've had less issues with AMD's drivers vs. Nvidia's drivers. That's personal preference, but I would get the 6950 in a heart beat.

My only issue is that the 6950 is $60 more on newegg and doesn't have the lifetime warranty an EVGA 560ti does.
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150530 <- XFX has a lifetime warranty.

It is more expensive ($35), but think of it as an investment in the future. That extra 1GB of framebuffer will allow the card to last longer. If you're not concerned with that, then get the 560Ti. The performance is roughly the same (6950 wins at higher resolutions), so it's your call.

Also, only eVGA cards with the -AR designation have a lifetime warranty, and that's only if you register it within the first 30 days. XFX does not have such a silly restriction.

They're both great companies with great service. Take your pick, but I'd still go with the 6950.
 
Last edited:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150530 <- XFX has a lifetime warranty.

It is more expensive ($35), but think of it as an investment in the future. That extra 1GB of framebuffer will allow the card to last longer. If you're not concerned with that, then get the 560Ti. The performance is roughly the same (6950 wins at higher resolutions), so it's your call.

Also, only eVGA cards with the -AR designation have a lifetime warranty, and that's only if you register it within the first 30 days. XFX does not have such a silly restriction.

They're both great companies with great service. Take your pick, but I'd still go with the 6950.

Pretty much what mad said

Both cards perform pretty much equally. Though the 6950 has 2GB of memory, which in return would give you much better performance on high resolutions. If you're planning on doing running multiple monitors on games then I'd go for the ati. If you have a little 20" monitor at 1650 x 1080 or even a 1080p monitor, both will give you more or less the same performance. If money's the issue, go for the 560ti. Both have good warranties and customer service. And build quality is superb on both
 
You should wait a few more months, as new video cards will come out. If not, go with the 6950, as it can be unlocked to a 6970..
 
they are pretty much even. I would go with whatever is cheaper at the time. the 2GB is faster than the 560, but the 1GB is pretty even.

I only went with the 6950 2GB because my resolution is 5304x1050, so the larger framebuffer really helps.
 
Even if u unlock a 6950 to a 6970 the gpu potential will drop. The 560 and 6950
basically have the same bench marks but the 6950 a Little powerful. I would go with a 6950 xfx
 

Latest posts

Back
Top