Phase Change

Silent_Predator

EGO Addict
Joined
May 9, 2010
Messages
1,281
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9..._775_1156_1366_939_940_AM2_AM2_AM3.html#blank

ex-vap-19_3.jpg


ex-vap-19_4.jpg



its an interesting device. any thoughts on this product?
 
Last edited:
That particular product is a piece of crap.

You get exactly what you pay for. The OCZ unit will probably be able to hold something like a i7 920 3.5GHz about ~0c, Not sure how long it will keep that up, but i doubt 24/7.

You are better off saving your money, and getting a real professionally tuned SS unit. Something from cooler express, or custom made would be ideal
http://www.overclock.net/phase-change/824052-coolerexpress-2011-models.html

I guess it's fine if you use low heat procs, like Clarkdale, Deneb, C2D, etc, or just do suicide runs with your higher output chips, but I would rather spend $800 on a unit that will last, rather than OCZ product made for pentium 4's.


Also:

I don't always cool my PC to sub zero, but when i do I prefer my F1 Gemini+dry ice&acetone
 
Last edited:
yes, I agree, the OCZ model is a POS.. there are quite a few better products on the market such as the Prometeia Mach II GT. a quick search for phase change brings up many usefull links. I too like the Cooler Express models, but the prices are a bit stiff.
 
Last edited:
considering the quality/longevity you will get out of a Cooler Express unit, i would say they are worth every penny.

You will probably be able to use it for your next 5 or so builds. (not sure how often you build, but for most people that would probably be like 7 years)

The OCZ model isn't *terrible*, it just was designed for Pentium 4's, and C2D's. Which are kinda not the same as modern processors.Also not meant to hold a solid -40 24/7
 
Last edited:
If you're going phase change, make sure to guard everything against condensation.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top