So my dad was telling me that he had an issue with his laptop. Apparently he either downloaded something or ran something & Mcafee found something as a possible virus, then all the sudden he says some Win 7 2012 internet secruity software popped up saying that he has all these viruses, but in order to get rid of this issue, he would have to pay them $50. First off, thats against the law to send some kinda virus-like software into a persons laptop, then charge em $50 just to get rid of such an issue. Now my dad is a business man, so I really dunno how all this got started. 1 thing that is weird now is that NONE of his browsers will work, not even IE. Somehow the virus/software program deleted Firefox off his computer. Google Chrome is there, but is acting like IE. Well I just downloaded the newest version of SuperAntispyware to install into his computer (since I cant use any browser @ all) & hopefully try to install the software. Before I came back to my place, I ran a scan using my dads antivirus software & it says that it only got a trojan, which doesnt make sense. Sounds like some other junk is on it.
Any other ideas/suggestions??
Heres a lil update: I was able to run SuperAntispyware on its initial run, which was good. It did find 1 trojan agent, which did help to allow Google Chrome to run. However, now the OS wants to try & run SuperAntispyware using either IE or Google. I tried to pull up the antispyware program itself, but doesnt seem to either wanna pull it up or find it (even tho I saw it w/ my own eyes). Anyways, to help out a lil, this is a Toshiba Satellite laptop w/ Win 7 Home Prem in it. Intel dual core (cant remember off the top of my head), like id say 3 gb ram, & the rest isnt that important. Anyways, let me know if you need any other info.
Any other ideas/suggestions??
Heres a lil update: I was able to run SuperAntispyware on its initial run, which was good. It did find 1 trojan agent, which did help to allow Google Chrome to run. However, now the OS wants to try & run SuperAntispyware using either IE or Google. I tried to pull up the antispyware program itself, but doesnt seem to either wanna pull it up or find it (even tho I saw it w/ my own eyes). Anyways, to help out a lil, this is a Toshiba Satellite laptop w/ Win 7 Home Prem in it. Intel dual core (cant remember off the top of my head), like id say 3 gb ram, & the rest isnt that important. Anyways, let me know if you need any other info.
Last edited:
















