- Joined
- May 5, 2009
- Messages
- 2,671
I fully re-installed Windows XP Home Edition yesterday and now I have no sound. DXDiag and MSinfo32 aren't picking anything up for a sound card so it's probably drivers but how do I know the sound card type?
Looking inside manually I found the jacks were connected to the motherboard so I'm guessing it's onboard and EVEREST Ultimate Edition says
Analog Devices AD1888/AD1980 @ Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3] PCI
Under PCI/PnP audio.
Looking inside manually I found the jacks were connected to the motherboard so I'm guessing it's onboard and EVEREST Ultimate Edition says
Analog Devices AD1888/AD1980 @ Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3] PCI
Under PCI/PnP audio.






Click AC 97, click the check box and next. Download the second one. Should work for ya.
haha serious? Well then. Glad it's working now.
