Inverted mouse?

that_guy

Forum Fiend
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
677
I spilled a drink on my mouse, mouse turned off while still plugged in. Stuck it in the toaster oven to let it dry off (I turned on the oven then turn off and let cool a bit then stuck mouse in). Mouse works fine now, however it is inverted now. Like Up is down down is up left is right and right is left. Any help? I tried drivers, and control panel settings. Any ideas?

Thanks!
 
Update, the mouse began to work after I threatened it with a belt? I'm not joking, it fixed itself when I said " Don't make me take out the belt". My mouse is alive.
 
That is weird.. >_> I've had my mouse die on me when I cleaned it with some windex, I let it sit over night and it worked again :s
 
did you really put a mouse in a toaster? I'm surprised the thing didn't melt
 
I spilled a drink on my mouse, mouse turned off while still plugged in. Stuck it in the toaster oven to let it dry off (I turned on the oven then turn off and let cool a bit then stuck mouse in). Mouse works fine now, however it is inverted now. Like Up is down down is up left is right and right is left. Any help? I tried drivers, and control panel settings. Any ideas?

Thanks!

It's good that you ended up fixing it. I'm no expert but I may have found the source of your original problem.
 
think of it this way, a good amount of liquid on the circuit will prob take 1-3 days to dry. I bet the inversion was due to a couple larger drops left over crossing a few connections considering how it fixed itself.

The toaster is an interesting idea, but I doubt its effects greatly helped the drying process. However, it was definitely safer than a microwave lol.
 
Nah, baking electronics is a good way to make sure they're dry and sometimes will even solve stability problems with things like old graphics cards.

If it's optical there might have been something causing a reflection. Otherwise, congrats.
 
well yeah, it will help due to the hot, dry environment, but right now my mind is going through the thermodynamic difference between a drop of water and a piece of toast.

idk why I am thinking that, but it would make a neat experiment

also, glad to hear your mouse is working again :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top