TF2 replay crash

Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
1,488
I believe a recent TF2 update has caused my replay editor to crash and making my TF2 lag more and more. When I got TF2, my pc ran it more than a solid 30 fps. Now, with all the updates, it's beginning to lag and !@#$.
Anyway, my TF2 replays will crash my pc at certain points. I think it crashes if it has anything to do with the engineer (spy disguise mask, sentry, engineer). Is there a way to diagnose it?

Please reply ASAP

UPDATE: I think it might also have something to do with the Spytron 3000. I have a replay where I am a spy and my game will crash while watching the replay when I take out the Spytron.

UPDATE 2: I found the problem. It was a combonation of using the Hi-res models from the "Meet the Team" series and my computer overheating.
 
Last edited:
Do you have an AMD GPU?

Are the drivers up to date?

Does this happen out of the replay editor?

I know this happens to me when AMD puts out new drivers. It crashes my TF2 when I'm not up to date in the replay editor and in-game.
 
Do you have an AMD GPU?

Are the drivers up to date?

Does this happen out of the replay editor?

I know this happens to me when AMD puts out new drivers. It crashes my TF2 when I'm not up to date in the replay editor and in-game.

My laptop has Intel HD Graphics, but we both know they are integrated. I've always been able to play TF2 in the past, and I've never had this happen. This happens in replays, both in the editor and just watching a replay.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top