BF2/Vent Ping too high...Other comp issues

Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
105
Hey guys,
My computer a few months ago seemed like it was overheating or something, I would restart it and it would freeze on restart no matter how many times I tried it, If I waited about 10 minutes and rebooted, It would work fine. I had it reformatted because I thought it was a virus issue, I got the computer back and everything was working fine (BF2 and vent prior to reformat were lagging aswell)

Now, my computer is doing it again, I have done anti virus and adware sweeps coming out the wazoo and nothing seems to work. I am very hard up for cash right now and was wondering if it was a motherboard issue? I hear there is a fan working, I even checked the settings in the BIOS menu upon start up.

Can you install any version of windows on any computer? I have tried to download windows xp pro, burned it to a cd then tried booting from disk to install windows but upon going through the steps it has to restart, and of course, the computer freezes.

I am looking for any and all help because I really want to get back to BC2 with the eGo boys!

Thanks!
 
Something easy to check/try right off the bat: dust that mutha out! If your computer gets too clogged with dust, it can heavily inhibit cooling and airflow, which can lead to overheating and power-offs to save your stuff.

If you're comfortable opening up the case, do so and take a look around inside, exhale on the CPU fans and such to see if there's a lot of loose dust around. Best option is to have canned air around at all times :)

Hope this helps, but other than that it's a hard problem to diagnose so far!

Edit: It also may just be a particular hardware piece overheating regardless of dust, too. At some point if you could also run the computer with the side panel off to verify that your GPU and CPU fans are operating properly, that'd be good info!
 
both fans are working....the last couple days I used any program to sweep for virus' and clean up my computer and that seemed to have worked...who knows, maybe I just caught my computer on a bad day. Thanks!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top