Are you excited about Dota 2?

Are you excited about Dota 2?

  • Can't wait

    Points: 73 19.4%
  • Undecided

    Points: 78 20.7%
  • I'm not interested in Dota 2.

    Points: 225 59.8%

  • Total voters
    376
For the cost factors atm there's still 3 possibilities kicking around in valve

f2p: low commitment to uphold updating the game after a few months, brings in VERY low revenue the only reason LoL is able to do this is through the purchasing of Riot points which gives players in-game edges over others and helps destruct the leveling curve (WIll valve offer a similar thing for Dota2?)

F2p with micro transactions looks like maybe 5 a month which would equate to 60 a year (this would be good assuming the game is top notch. Because the lack of a leveling system I imagine monthly transactions wouldn't go to well and it's destroy the game if people didn't like it; however, it gives them money to constantly be updating the game (unlike source games that after a number of years start to get less updates as less players are buying the game)

Single game cost I've heard up to 60 dollars which would mean one time investment but after a few years what's valves commitment to update it if its bringing in hardly any reveue?
 
I voted can't wait. But at the same time I was rubbish at the original DotA and above average at best at LoL which is a much more casual version.
 
Dota was the first everr game I played. Well one of the first atleast. So I'm definitely gonna check it out.
 
Not buying, doesn't look fun in my opinion. Looks pretty much like HoN and LoL, which are clones of the first game. I'll use my money on something else.....better.
 
I was going to include an insult on the game along with a "not interested", but since they recently had a tourny where the 1st place team split $1,000,000 I'm not going to say anything bad about this game. lol
 
For the cost factors atm there's still 3 possibilities kicking around in valve

f2p: low commitment to uphold updating the game after a few months, brings in VERY low revenue the only reason LoL is able to do this is through the purchasing of Riot points which gives players in-game edges over others and helps destruct the leveling curve (WIll valve offer a similar thing for Dota2?)

F2p with micro transactions looks like maybe 5 a month which would equate to 60 a year (this would be good assuming the game is top notch. Because the lack of a leveling system I imagine monthly transactions wouldn't go to well and it's destroy the game if people didn't like it; however, it gives them money to constantly be updating the game (unlike source games that after a number of years start to get less updates as less players are buying the game)

Single game cost I've heard up to 60 dollars which would mean one time investment but after a few years what's valves commitment to update it if its bringing in hardly any reveue?

you have to remember that the people who made the original DotA weren't getting paid to update DotA, yet they are STILL updating it, even though most people are playing HoN and LoL instead. So I don't think we have to worry about them not updating DOTA 2.
 
I seriously can't wait. I hadn't played a MOBA until this year, and now I understand all the hub-ub. They're a ton of fun, and after seeing a geek win a million dollars at the premiere for this game, i'm sold. I'll play.

I missed out on DOTA, I don't want to miss the re-boot.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top