New Build Won't Turn On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukus.

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
976
Well I finally got around to building the new PC, but it seems it wont boot up. I turn on the main switch in the back and it turns on the LED bar in the front, but when I press the power button nothing turns on.

Could it be because I wired the front panel wrong? Since my case has 1 page of directions with no documentation for how to wire it I was kind of lost, so I winged it. I can't post pics right now because of course I don't have a computer (posting from PS3 browser >_>), so I'll have to wait until tomorrow for my sister to get her laptop. Until then, heres my build. (its reflex's)

http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173386


Also, do you need to have plastic standoffs? Becasuse my case nor motherboard came with any, only brass.
 
Probably put in the power or reset on backwards. some mobos with have an issue with that some won't. On the front panel connector block you will see one side has a little thicker line on one corner, that is pin one, You will also notice on the wire end connector there is a small triangle on there. that is pin one on the connector. Make sure that pin one on the connector is towards the side with pin one on the pin block. once you have one connector on in this way all the connectors will face the same side. So if the writing on the wire end is facing up then all the others should be facing up as well.
 
Also, make sure the 24pin power cable is seated properly as well as the cpu 4pin or 8pin connector.
 
Thanks a lot guys :D

Posting from it right now! Gunna run a benchmark test!
 
To clear up Rukus' problem: If you wanted to know how to wire up your case, look in your motherboard manual! Even though it doesn't matter now, that would of helped alot.
 
To clear up Rukus' problem: If you wanted to know how to wire up your case, look in your motherboard manual! Even though it doesn't matter now, that would of helped alot.

Every motherboard I've worked on also has the writing of what does what on the board itself. Also a lot of the time things are universally color coordinated :) But the Manual is the safest way ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top