Local Internet Game Help

kYuKi

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,354
So me and my friend are over here tonight and we want to set up a way so that we can connect to each other and create a Lan game. We both have wifi and I have a stable internet cable connection. I created a "ad-hoc" network and we've both connected together. The only game that seemed to *almost* work was Counter-strike. Now, at my house I do not have ANY wireless networks connectable, so my friend is stuck. Trying to use this as well, but nothing seems to be working, DHCP is enabled.

Can someone tell me if I need to buy something to make this work or a tutorial? :facewall::facewall::facewall::facewall::facewall:
 
Both parts need to be connected to the router by LAN Cable.

Another option is getting an LAN Box which you connect to the router. Then you connect your computers to the LAN Box.
 
Last edited:
I got it working, didn't need either. Had to turn off firewall settings.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top