[poll] *POLL*DONNER server Suggestion ***Brilliant***

BulletWhole

Rookie
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
73
Ok you might not go for this or you may... dod_thunder is more like the original donner in dod. Overall the layout is the same and most of the models are the same. I would suggest that the donner server be donner/thunder server alternating maps. This way people get a bit of variety but still play the same basic map. I hear dod_thunder is a CAL map? This would add to the draw of this map so the server shouldn't (hopefully) see any dips.

If you haven't played it, it's on the KK server.
 
Donner server is 24/7 donner, always has always will and is unlikely to ever change. So unlikely in fact that I'd class this thread as spam.
 
no...

I would say we should have a server running copies of old dod maps for source or something. IE, kraftstoff, old jagd, old donner, etc., however, this is what the custom server is there for and my idea gets blown out of the water :P
 
How about that third option? That would take care of any popularity issue.

This would be like asking to have springtime kalt (remember the seasonal kalts) or Flashatnight or avalanche at night. In my opinion none of these suggestions would really change the server from being a 24/7 of any map.
 
For now, get your butts into the custom server at: 8.12.18.103:27015. Any map that ends up being extremely sucessfull there has the potential for getting its own server (thats what happened with Strand). But you guys gotta PLAY there.

Remember, top 10 players on the custom server get a chance to win a gift certificate to the store of their choice! Again, the IP is: 8.12.18.103:27015
 
Sorry but yeah i think that if we change it to thunder then the Donner lovers won't like it.
 
Donner is our most successful server...if it ain't broke don't fix it.......or somethin like that
 
[quote1204992671=-=KA=- Colonel]
Donner is our most successful server...if it ain't broke don't fix it.......or somethin like that
[/quote1204992671]


well put
 
No way in heck donner gets changed at all.

As it is, you gotta wait a good hour and a half to get on. o_O The thing probably hasnt been empty for a good year now.
 
[quote1205085789=CorpPunishment (UK)]
I'd class this thread as spam.
[/quote1205085789]


Yup Yup Yup

Want thunder...play Kk
:P
 
Haha... I wouldn't quite class it as spam? I 'spose I agree with everyone who's saying "ain't broke don't fix it". However, it's always good to question. Stop askin' questions long enough and pretty soon you run out of answers :D
 
Well Id say he was right about this pretty much being spam. The Donner server is among the top 3 in the server rankings for a reason. Why would you want to change something that has been so successful. Changing things generally drive people away. Keeping it 24/7 is the best thing. Map changes tend to make people leave and go to other servers. The less changes.. the better
 

Latest posts

Back
Top