My poor dog! **Warning...semi-graphic images**

SoCalMikeSS

Rookie
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
44
As some of you may know, I had mentioned earlier in the week that my dog had gotten hit by a truck.

I just wanted to show you what happened and that I wasn't trying to pull anyone's leg.

This is what could happen if you're careless...even for just for a second!



This is my buddy Sam!

AwwSam.jpg


He is our 8 year old mutt that we adopted at an animal shelter. He's the sweetest, smartest, and all-around bestest dog anyone could ever ask for!

Well...3 weeks ago while Sam was at work with my Dad and I, an AutoZone parts driver dropped off parts at our shop and on his way out...neglected to see Sam laying mere inches from the rear tires....

....and this was the result ***Caution...Semi-graphic Images***

DayAfterB.jpg


DayAfterA.jpg



One moment he's laying in the sun catching some rays, the next he's yelping for his life and bleeding EVERYWHERE! :(


Fortunately for us, our family vet is right down the street from our auto shop, so Sam was in the truck and in the operating room within 10min.

14 stitches later, along with the scrapes on both front paws, his "unmentionable" was also rubbed raw, but i didn't find that necessary to take a picture of...and bruised rear hip...Sam was released back to us.

hahaha, unfortunately, the poor dog has to wear one of those radar homing beacons on his head for the next few weeks
SamSideLamp.jpg

lol poor guy


These pictures were taken today and show that his wounds are healing nicely, and he should be at about 70% health here in the next week or so

GettingbetterA.jpg

It looks kinda bad but it's completely scabbed over...this was just after he walked into the house and split the scab open, making it bleed.

GettingbetterB.jpg

(his stitches come out next week)



The moral or this story and the point I want to make with these sad pictures is, It only takes a few seconds to completely change someone or somethings life!

Make sure you PAY ATTENTION when you're driving....I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone or anything! Having to hand feed your dog because he's too weak and sore to stand up on his own is no joke!


Thank you for reading and to all other animal owners out there....make sure YOU keep your pets safe because they can't always do it themselves...and use this story as an example, it only took a tiny lapse in concentration on my part...and that led to a disaster you never thought would happen to you. :(

SamFaceClose.jpg
 
Aww thats rough man, I love my animals, nothing worse than seeing them suffer. Really happy he pulled through :D! Good luck!
 
awwwwww.

I'm a huge softy for my puppy - shes almost 6 now. I aplogize when she yelps and everything. that dog is my life
 
I can't imagine how much you guys worried about the life of your dog, I know it must have been extremely unpleasant worrying if your dog was going to sustain permanent injury or live for that matter.
I have a dog of my own and had him since he was a puppy. So the thought of this happening to my dog is unbearable. Well I'm glad your dog is okay and I hope everything gets better from here on out.
 
i can still remember when i was 7 or 8 and watch my pit/queenland mix King run in front of a car doing 65

worst thing was that the school bus showed up like 2 minutes later and i didnt know if he was going to be ok

given i was only like 7 so i expected that hed only been hurt

we buried him under his favorite tree

i actually have ters in my eyes typing this
 
Great to hear hes getting better! I have to keep my dogs indoors most of the time because they will actually want to go "Play" with cars that drive by >_> I don't even want to imagine what mess they'd get into.
 
Woah...I can't imagine that happening to my dog, I would be heart-broken. I hope your dog recovers, I truly do.
 
I know excactly how you feel.. I get so sad if my 2 yrs old puppy get's even the smallest scar on her paw... Also my one cat got killed yesterday because she had cancer :(

I really hope she recovers quickly!!!!
 
Whoa, got the shock of my life for a moment there, I though that was for dogs HEAD on a PLATE on the last image due to perspective O_o
 
Thank you all so much and Sam appreciates it too!!

He's getting better day by day...though he's still limping a little (which is really the only thing that concerns me) it still hasn't been long since the accident so...only time will tell and if you're anything like me, I can't stand the waiting!!! :( lol

i can still remember when i was 7 or 8 and watch my pit/queenland mix King run in front of a car doing 65

worst thing was that the school bus showed up like 2 minutes later and i didnt know if he was going to be ok

given i was only like 7 so i expected that hed only been hurt

we buried him under his favorite tree

i actually have ters in my eyes typing this

D: that's horrible!!...no one, even at that age, should have to experience something like that!

I know excactly how you feel.. I get so sad if my 2 yrs old puppy get's even the smallest scar on her paw... Also my one cat got killed yesterday because she had cancer :(

:( I'm sorry for your loss. Cancer really needs to be cured, for us it's one thing...we have means of defending ourselves but it sucks that cats and dogs have to suffer from it as well! I know not much I say can fix anything but I hope you feel better!

Whoa, got the shock of my life for a moment there, I though that was for dogs HEAD on a PLATE on the last image due to perspective O_o

HAHAHAHA!!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top