cpu/gpu issue

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
This issue started yesterday. I was playing Just Cause 2 when all the sudden whenever theres an explosion, theres extreme lag. The whole system freezes up for like 2-3 secs whenever I make somethin blow up in the game. I figured it was the driver, so I downloaded a newer driver, but still same result. I also noticed that all my cores are spiking around 100% whenever the explosion happens. Any ideas?

Btw I dont have my cpu overclocked yet, but doubt that will have much of an impact on the game.
 
Have you ran any stress tests on your video card lately?
 
Have you opened your computer at all to clear out dust?
 
Sorry, I should have updated my sig w/ my latest specs. Right now im runnin an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (not overclocked yet). The rest of the specs are the same. There is no dust in my case seeing as how I installed the quad core cpu about 1-2 months ago & thankfully around there, theres not much dust, so my motherboard has been surprisingly clean. However I am looking to invest in some top-grade case fans sometime soon.
 
this may sound a little odd.. but go to something with Flash video, You tube is an example. Right click the video, click settings.. uncheck video Acceleration.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top