What a night, came home from my 12 hour shift and switched on my computer and nothing but a blank screen. Long story short, I noticed tons of heat coming out of my computer. Turns out one of my 5970 HD series card stopped working...forever as it seems. The good news is that I had 2 of these video cards and one is still working. Now here is my question, I searched through the ATI forums and didn't find anything (Go figure) about my question. Since I am no longer running crossfire between the 2 video cards, do I need to uninstall my cards and install a update specifically for only 1 card? Or am I fine running the same client?
Oh to make matters worse when I did figure out on how to get my screen to light up I found out all my games corrupted. Would this have something to do with my cards?
Last thing I like to ask is... what is AMD? Is a physical unit inside my computer like a video card? Or is it downloadable software?
My knowledge is limited to computers, I know AMD is a driver, but thats it...
Oh to make matters worse when I did figure out on how to get my screen to light up I found out all my games corrupted. Would this have something to do with my cards?
Last thing I like to ask is... what is AMD? Is a physical unit inside my computer like a video card? Or is it downloadable software?
My knowledge is limited to computers, I know AMD is a driver, but thats it...













