6 pin adapters

BRAVO51

EGO Addict
Joined
Jun 25, 2011
Messages
1,208
so i recently i ordered a gtx560ti and it requires 2 6pin pcie plugs and i realized i only got one. Would a 4 pin molex to 6 pin adapter cause any problems in the long run?
psu 400w 12v1(16), 12v2(17), 33A in total
560ti only requires 30A
 
Well... you definitely need to upgrade your PSU. On the website it'll say you need at least 30amps on the 12V+ rail for your card, which you have. But you also power the CPU and all mobo components with that same rail. You're going to exceed your maximum watt output for sure especially when playing games.

To answer your question, the adapters will work fine. I've been using two for almost a year now to run my 460's SLI.
 
ughhh, i'll wait till black Friday to upgrade my psu. i hope my psu will last till thing if nothing goes wrong.
 
If you end up upgrading your PSU, I'd say try to aim at, at least a 750W PSU. That should hold you over quite well until you decide to perform a full upgrade or another partial.
 
adapters are fine if you have the neccesary power on the rail. I have a 600w OCZ ModXstream after my last PSU went up in smoke. I am running 2 9800 GTXs without issue and 2 of the four connecters are adapters.


http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4362114&CatId=1483

The PSU is partially modular.. and for the price cant be beat. $50 right now.
O261-2017-main01-mc.jpg
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top