How dumb am I? XD

IDigitalDeadI

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
1,316
For the past year or so, I've been using this ECS a780gm-a ultra. Its a decent motherboard, although there are many better. Well I was browsing the internet and someone was asking about using an am2 motherboard with current processors. Couldn't find a definite answer, but if my memory serves correctly, it should work, to some extent. Anyway, while doing all of this, I thought about my motherboard and what it could do. For some reason I thought "maybe it will support ddr3!" (I lol'd so hard after thinking that). Obviously it doesn't. I then when onto the processor, since i'm upgrading soon. Literally since I bought my current cpu, i've been thinking that my motherboard can only power a cpu up to 95w (don't know wtf was i thinking). I now realize (it even said it on my box) that it supports up to 160 watts! Oh god the facepalm i would have had if I noticed this after I bought another cpu :cursing:!

Any of you guys ever had moments like this?

Note: I now have an urge to buy a six-core processor, even though I won't need it:drool:
 
Last edited:
It's in the CPU support list. Not sure if 4+1 is a good idea with X6.
 
you really know how to ruin the thread :laugh:

How did i ruin it?

Would you rather have to make a second thread saying your motherboard caught fire?

It's in the CPU support list. Not sure if 4+1 is a good idea with X6.

eh, i run all kinds of X6 on my 4 phase board :D Really just depends on the transistors used, which in the case of ECS, is usually not of the highest quality.
 
How did i ruin it?

Would you rather have to make a second thread saying your motherboard caught fire?



eh, i run all kinds of X6 on my 4 phase board :D Really just depends on the transistors used, which in the case of ECS, is usually not of the highest quality.

Having pictures of my motherboard catching fire would have been worth it :lol: Plus this thread was for more of a laugh than anything, I wouldn't buy anything higher than a quad, even if I had the money. I just don't see myself using the full capabilities of any of the six-core processors
 

Latest posts

Back
Top