Need help running BF2.

Kanoa

Thread Thumper
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
1,050
So i loved playing Battle Field 2 on the XBox, and i ended up getting it for my computer. BUT. I cant run it. I dont even think my computer has high enough specs to run it. I have an NVIDIA GEForce 7300 LE. Do i need to buy a new card? Tf2 runs perfectly on max graphics...

Also, if i do need to get a new graphics card, which one should i get? In about 6 days of work, i can make 600$. Just let me know which one i should get.
Also, i have a really bad motherboard. i can give you specs on that to.

OH! And another note. My power supply is a piece of crap. If you guys want MORE of my comp specs, let me know.
 
Last edited:
yea i would give us the specs so we have more of and idea of what your working with, is the game just really laggy for you?
 
List of specs you should give:

CPU
Motherboard
RAM
GPU (video card)
PSU
Custom built or brand-bought (HP, Dell, etc.)
If brand-bought, provide model

Answer based off the 7300LE: You need a new video card.
Recommendation: Cannot give; need more specs.

Another question: Have you built your own PC before, or are able to swap parts out, say the CPU and motherboard for a new pair?
 
CPU: Core 2 Duo e4400 (2Ghz)
Motherboard: Intel G31 mATX
RAM: 2x2GB G.SKILL 800MHz DDR2 PC6400
GPU: nVidia GeForce 7300 128MB
PSU: 600W PSU
Custom built or brand-bought: Custom Built
 
You need a new graphics card, but your CPU will probably bottleneck anything above a 6750 and give you just a little more performance.

Also, Bad Company 2 isn't a big fan of dual-core CPU's. I used to have a C2D E7500. When I upgraded to an i5-2500k, my framerate went to playable even though I only had an 8800 GTX, and that was on 1920x1080 medium everything.

That said, your computer can probably play [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-2-Complete-Collection-DVD-Pc/dp/B000MRB8LQ"]BF2[/ame] just fine. :wink:
 
I don't know Sushi, I think the CPU will bottleneck an even lower GPU (but not much lower).

And BC2 and BF2 are different.
 
As stated by _Sushi, BC2 hates dual-cores. Upgrading from my Athlon 6400+ (3.2GHz dual-core) to a Phenom II 1090T (hexacore, 3.2Ghz) removed any sort of bottleneck and allowed me to play it on max with a pair of HD4870.

By the looks of it, a new computer would aid you significantly if you have any plans on playing other high-graphics games.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top