Reformatting Vista

Blindy

EGO Is My Life!
=(e)=
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
8,565
Hey everyone,
I've had my computer now for two years and I'm thinking it's about time to reformat because there is so much useless data on my computer that I'm not able to delete. I've never reformatted before so this is new to me. I'll basically need a walk through on how to proceed.

Information about my computer:

- I'm using Windows Vista 64-bit
- I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
- 6.00 GB Ram
- 64 bit Operating System
- NVIDIA Gefore GTS 250 Video Card
- 500GB Hard Drive

I'm not sure on what else to add here, so any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Blindy
 
I suggest you set up partitions, also. This helps if there is certain data you do not want to lose once you format! Hope it all goes well.
 
I reformatted and while the computer reformatted, it kept all of my old files and labeled it as windows.old so I can go through it and keep stuff that I want before removing it entirely. I had to install 122 windows updates, so it automatically updated my graphics card, so I'm good to go :).

I thought it would of been harder then that but it wasn't.

Thanks though for the help,

Blindy
 
Thanks Ric! I'll report back If I have any problems.

Blindy
 

Latest posts

Back
Top