Incorrect memory clock on Asus Crosshair IV

zetas

Famous
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
417
Incorrect memory clock on Asus Crosshair IV [SOLVED]

As the title says, my motherboard sets the wrong clock for my RAM (atleast that's what I think it does).

Here are some screenshots from CPUZ to show you my current clock.

25p69h1.png


sg72ac.png


So, basically, in the BIOS I set the RAM on 1300MHz (+/- 30MHz) but both GPUZ and AMD Overdrive (which I have uninstalled) tells me the speed is what's shown on the image above.
I've tried setting the clock without having either Asus TurboV EVO or AMD Overdrive installed and have tried everything on default settings, but with no luck. I've also tried it with the default bios and the latest bios.
Anyone knows why this happens? :S


Obligatory computer specs:
AMD Phenom II 1090T BE
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Corsair Dominator 1600MHz CL8 4x2GB (default speeds, which doesn't work either)
2x AMD Radeon HD6950 Crossfire
Corsair TX 750W
Cooling ain't no problem here.

Any help or tips is much appreciated.
 
Last edited:
620x2=1240

seems pretty close to me.

ram divider x reference clock = ram speed. since you raised your rclock, you are going to get ram speeds a bit off of standard jdec setting, but that is perfectly fine

if you want 1600 mhz, i would try the 1333 divider, which will probably put you at about 1550mhz or so (too lazy to do math right now), and see if you can drop the timings to 7-7-7-21 or so, if not, add some volts, up to about 1.72 is safe on most DDRIII ICs (save maybe some really tempermental kits). Phenom has a much easier time achiveing lower timings with lower speed, where as intel usually prefers higher speed.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top