- Joined
- Jul 19, 2008
- Messages
- 2,072
Alright, so I was playing CS:S today(keep in mind I'd already played plenty of CS:S without any problems), and all of a sudden, my left monitor flickers green and the computer freezes. "Ok," I thought, "could be just a one time thing. Gotta do some more tests." Restarted the computer, went on CS:S again, after a short amount of time, things started messing up again and more things turned green again and it froze again. Then I decided to test with TF2 and after less than a minute of being in-game the game crashed. No freeze, but it crashed. I decided to update my video card drivers, to see if that was the case. Next time I played TF2, after a little bit, same green screen error(picture is attached).
The problem is, when it froze the last time, it seemed to reset my display to the way it was before I had installed the proper drivers for my graphics card, by displaying only one monitor and limiting me to 1280x800 resolution. Decided to run the new driver setup again, seeing as it was still on my computer. Didn't work.
So I need ideas on what to do. My computer is on Windows 7 x64, and the GPU is an NVidia Geforce 8800GT.
Oh yeah, and Windows gives me this nice message about my graphics card and doesn't help me solve it with its troubleshooting services
The problem is, when it froze the last time, it seemed to reset my display to the way it was before I had installed the proper drivers for my graphics card, by displaying only one monitor and limiting me to 1280x800 resolution. Decided to run the new driver setup again, seeing as it was still on my computer. Didn't work.
So I need ideas on what to do. My computer is on Windows 7 x64, and the GPU is an NVidia Geforce 8800GT.
Oh yeah, and Windows gives me this nice message about my graphics card and doesn't help me solve it with its troubleshooting services
Windows said:Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
Last edited:
















