Battlefield PC Beta Discussion Thread

So far I'm enjoying the beta - Some of the parameters they tweaked the other day made it WAY harder to roll through on Metro. I like it.

PC vs Xbox is a tough one for me. I love my xbox, and I *love* the tactile response of the vibration. It makes the game a lot more immersive for me.

It just lacks 128 player maps and the quality of texture that the PC allows. It's a tough call and I'll probably end up buying both.
 
DAE hate the map?

its Too small, (Like in the bases), No Vehicles, and it doesnt feel like a Classic Battlefield map.

I really hope the other maps are better.
 
Beta stops at Oct 10th, hope everyone knows that. So stop sleeping and start playing lol cough cough Kerak :P
 
Not a huge fan of the game at all. Being able to shoot through trees and solid concrete is pretty lame, not sure if I will buy it...Might just keep playing BC2.
 
Ehh I've come across it as well, mostly snipers shooting through concrete walls and boulders.

I'm still getting the CTD error. Lost way too many levels of xp.. instead of being level 11 I should be around the 20 mark by now :(
 
The shooting through concrete issues are most probably related to lag or netcode issues. I have noticed that I have been standing behind concrete, I start getting shot, then duck behind the concrete and continue getting shot. If I had to guess it feels like its just the server is delayed in getting the shots registered.
 
The shooting through concrete issues are most probably related to lag or netcode issues. I have noticed that I have been standing behind concrete, I start getting shot, then duck behind the concrete and continue getting shot. If I had to guess it feels like its just the server is delayed in getting the shots registered.

That's pretty much what it is. Kind of annoying, I would hope they would have that stuff figured out for the release?
 
Getting shot behind cover is not fun. You will not find me playing if that doesn't go away....

It's extremely irritating to dive behind cover only to die by what you can only presume is someone's lost knife...
 
What's really sad is that the alpha was a lot better than the beta is turning out to be. The ground glitches, shooting through rocks, and the lag was not in the alpha. EA/Dice really screwed the pooch on this one in my opinion.
 
What's really sad is that the alpha was a lot better than the beta is turning out to be. The ground glitches, shooting through rocks, and the lag was not in the alpha. EA/Dice really screwed the pooch on this one in my opinion.

Well you gotta remember that the servers are probably a lot more stresses now in open beta, so the shooting through rocks things are probably going to be resolved as they figure out the netcode and hit registering issues.

Clipping through the ground does suck... but its better than the invisible walls that you would get stuck on everywhere in the alpha. (well not better, just different)

At the end, just remember, its a beta.
 
They're working on a bunch of fixes...but the damn revive bug where they appear to be dead drives me up the wall. Frustrating when it happens because you think you've been shot out of nowhere. :P
 
I've read some complaints about no vehicles and no jets in the Beta... well just make your own.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bP8_Dmfbe0[/ame]
 
Back
Top