Win7 File Sharing Between Desktop and Laptop

Rukus.

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
976
I have a windows 7 Desktop and a Windows 7 Laptop. I want to get a large file from one to the other and I don't have a flash drive big enough.

I tried setting up a shared folder but I just can't figure it out. On my end (desktop) I can see the laptop on the network but it prompts me to enter a network password (nothing works in this field, I tried every password I know)

and on the laptop end I can't see my desktop.
 
You can use TeamViewer for that.

Grab the "TeamViewer QuickSupport" exe from here and download it on both computers then run it on both computers. The Quick Support version will allow you to use the program without installing it.

Both your desktop and laptop should have their own unique ID's and its own password, use those to connect to each other (laptop ID and password used by connecting from the desktop and vice versa).

Make sure you use "File Transfer", and not VPN or Remote Access, that ought to let you transfer those files.
Might not be as fast as expected via a LAN line though..
 

Latest posts

Back
Top