Amazon Holding Press Conference 9/28/11

Snipeye

EGO Is My Life!
=(e)=
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
4,867
Amazon holding press event in NY on Wednesday

On Friday September 23, 2011, 2:29 pm EDT

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Amazon.com Inc. sent out invitations Friday to a press conference it will hold Wednesday in New York. The online retailer didn't divulge details, but it is expected to be an announcement for a long-rumored tablet device.

Speculation has swirled that Amazon, which has sold its Kindle e-reader for several years, is working on a tablet device to rival Apple Inc.'s popular iPad. The Seattle-based company has been tight-lipped, though.

Many e-readers like the Kindle use screens with "electronic ink" technology that makes them best for reading, especially in bright light. Tablets such as the iPad have backlit screens and are intended for functions that go beyond reading text, including surfing the Web and watching movies.

The event will be held at Stage37, an event space in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Amazon-holding-press-event-in-apf-2941989638.html?x=0

When I read that title, I instantly came with the same idea: Amazon's going to reveal its tablet finally! What do you guys think about Amazon selling a tablet, what do you want it to be able to do, and do you guys think it can compete in a heavily saturated market with Apple's iPad and iPad2 controlling the most market share.
 
I have always thought of amazon as an online shop.

When I first heard of the Kindle I was surprised Amazon were producing it.

IMO Apple is leading the market with tablets, maybe even smartphones, depending on how you look at it.
Amazon will need to come out with something pretty damn good to be in at a shot of competing.

If I had unlimited money to spend I would go for an iPad instead of another tablet.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top