Rates.

shan^K

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
675
So this maybe a noob question but I need help setting my rates for cs:s. I get around 50 choke with servers that have over 30+ people playing in them. Currently my rates are set to (rates "25000", cl_cmdrate "101", cl_updaterate "101." Some people told me to change them to like 66 or 67 but I don't know for sure what rates I should use for maximum performance.
 
This is what I use. I get 0 choke and 30 lerp.

cl_interp "0"
cl_interpolate "0"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "1"
cl_cmdrate "67"
cl_updaterate "67"
cl_rate 25000
cl_smooth "0"
rate 25000
 
Last edited:
The cmd and update rate are capped at 67 on our servers, so 101 would be pointless anyways.

How does your FPS look? The lower it is (which is common around a bunch of players, explosions, etc.) the more choke you will probably get.
 
This is what I use. I get 0 choke and 30 lerp.

cl_interp "0"
cl_interpolate "0"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "1"
cl_cmdrate "67"
cl_updaterate "67"
cl_rate 25000
cl_smooth "0"
rate 25000

You can cut your lerp in half if you use cl_interp_ratio "1"

The cmd and update rate are capped at 67 on our servers, so 101 would be pointless anyways.

How does your FPS look? The lower it is (which is common around a bunch of players, explosions, etc.) the more choke you will probably get.

My Fps is usually around 80-100 since I have a bad vid card, I have to use a cfg to lower all gfx details to get that high fps.
 
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 100
cl_interp_ratio 0
cl_interp "0"
cl_lagcompensation 1
rate 30000
cl_forcepreload 1
fps_max 125
violence_ablood 1
violence_agibs 1
violence_hblood 1
violence_hgibs 1

This is what I'm using in DoD. Has helped quite a few players as well get their hitboxes better. You can change the fps_max to 60 if you have a 60Hz monitor and want a stable FPS. I would be able to get about 300-400 but I limit it to keep it stable. Hoep that helped some, otherwise I can give you my whole DoD config (although not sure what commands work in CS:S)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top