What's a good gaming keyboard?

Crazykilla

Rookie
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
54
I want a keyboard in the $150 range or less would help me out a lot. I've been looking around, but I thought i'd come here and see what the real gamers think, youtube helps, but not a whole lot... If you all have any suggestions feel free :)
 
I've always been a Logitech fan, so I went with the G15. The key-depression is exactly what I like, no clicking and still very satisfying. It's got back-lit keys when you want them, a set of like 18 macro keys on the left for gaming needs, and also a LCD screen for tracking other gaming information (I just use it to track CPU/Mem usage).

Overall just a very comfortable and effective gaming keyboard, and it only cost like me about 50 bucks on sale.
 
While talking to a tech from Logitech, he told me that the G110 and G510 or excellent choices for gaming now. The only difference between the two is the LCD Screen on the G510. The G19 has a larger LCD screen with colors but he told me that the G510 was a better choice over the G19 and better price. So I took his advice and ordered the G510 along with the G13 and G9x.

Peace.
 
You know there is a thread 2 posts down about the same thing right :)

http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187311

I will reiterate: If you are spending > $100 on a keyboard, don't buy a gaming keyboard just because it's shiny and has lights on it. Get a quality mechanical keyboard with cherry switches that will last decades. There are many brands that can provide this: Corsair, Das, Filco, Razer, Rosewill, Steel Series, WASD, etc., etc. - too many to name. I highly recommend geekhack.org for keyboard research - dedicated keyboard enthusiast forum.

I personally use the Das Ultimate with Cherry Blues. I like the click action, but if you don't check out the silent model with cherry brown switches.
 
Last edited:
Mechanical keyboards are all the rage right now for gamers. What Sn1PeR said was spot on.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top