Computer Plan :)

Matty

Poster
Joined
May 8, 2010
Messages
218
Hey everyone is talking about getting their rig for BF3 and I'm doing the same thing. I am upgrading from a Dell XPS 600 (Pentium D) so this new computer is going to be a big improvement.

So these are the parts I have chosen. My budget is 800$ and would like to spend less then that if possible.

I currently have an ATI Radeon 5770 I purchased last Christmas. I think it should be fine for BF3 and if not please tell me.

I got an ASUS 23" HD Monitor last month so I'm good for a monitor.

Case: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119197

Motherboard:http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130574

PSU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817822010 (Not sure about this one, feel like i'm going a little cheap)

CPU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072

RAM: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311

CPU Cooler: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

Optical Drive: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

Is this all going to be good for BF3? Have I chosen the wrong parts? Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first build so please bare with me.


Thanks :D
 
You might be able to find a different PSU that would be better, a corsair would do the best job in my opinion. If you want a lower priced but good PSU this corsair would be nice ( http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021 ) but if you have the money to spend i'd suggest this one here, http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139024

Other wise you have some good stuff picked out, the CPU fan/heat-sink is a great choice, I have heard a lot of good things about the Ram you picked out.

Also your CPU is a good choice, the Sandy Bridge models are pretty new and from what I hear, they are rather good!.

Like i said you have a lot of good stuff here that you have already chosen, good luck with it.
 
Last edited:
Avoid Diablotek like the plague. Their PSU's are horrid.

Corsair, Antec, Silverstone, XFX, and Seasonic are all heavy hitters.

Here's a much better PSU for the same money:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371035

Don't look at the wattage rating. That means nothing for stability if the PSU isn't built well.


Everything else looks fine. An HD 5770 will be enough to run BF3 well, but don't be surprised when you have to turn some settings down. It's not going to run well at max settings.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top