Favorite Beta Guns

Preferred common weapon of choice?

  • 870mcs

    Points: 3 10.3%
  • AKS-74u

    Points: 0 0.0%
  • M4A1

    Points: 4 13.8%
  • PP-2000

    Points: 2 6.9%
  • RPK-74M

    Points: 1 3.4%
  • SVD

    Points: 1 3.4%
  • M16A4

    Points: 3 10.3%
  • M249

    Points: 1 3.4%
  • RPG and other mobile rocket projectiles

    Points: 1 3.4%
  • Other

    Points: 13 44.8%

  • Total voters
    29

Zubbs

Poster
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
157
Concerning BF3's beta:

What is everyone's thoughts on some of the weapons that are available to you?
Which ones do you hate and love?
What accessories do you choose with your choice?
What changes would you make for the guns that you dislike to make them fair? (Damage, sound, accuracy, etc.)



So far, I personally love the 870mcs with the tactical light, buckshot, and reflex sight. People don't often expect a rushing defender/attacker in metro, which is awesome because of the randomness of pushing hard and blinding people with the light.

What actually surprised me was that the 870mcs had a sniper scope attachment (6x if I recall). I was like "Whaaaat!? What moron would use that?" Well, I turned moronic and tried it out with the slug shots just for fun, and I was actually getting kills with that thing. I was like the shotgun star of the northwest! Good at distance, but pretty bad in CQ because of the linear trajectory of the slug unlike a buck that spreads.
 
Last edited:
i havent unlocked much, but i'd probably slap a flashlight on my gun for operation metro.

I can't even make out people's silhouettes when theyre pointing their flashlight at me.
EDIT: in the subway, tunnel portion of the map
 
I really like the M16, but I'm not really sure why it's automatic. Always thought that post-1970 M16's were burst/single shot

I'm also kind of disappointed by the M416. It doesn't resemble the BC/BC2 ones which were the ones I really liked (especially the iron sights)
 
My lovely Saiga is so far away. I need to do some serious leveling.
 
I really like the M16, but I'm not really sure why it's automatic. Always thought that post-1970 M16's were burst/single shot

I'm also kind of disappointed by the M416. It doesn't resemble the BC/BC2 ones which were the ones I really liked (especially the iron sights)

M16A4 is full automatic.

M16A2 is burst .. which is a weapon you unlock in BF3.

EDIT: Looking at the official weapon list, I guess the M16A2 won't be unlockable (Which I thought I saw somewhere earlier on)

Oh well, full auto M16 is all you get ;)
 
Last edited:
Any auto-sniper + night vision for OpMetro.
Decent ammo capacity + ACOG for Caspian. That or SVD.
 
The M16 is select fire. It has a 3 position fun switch. It can be Full, burst, or single fire.
 
M16A4 is full automatic.

M16A2 is burst .. which is a weapon you unlock in BF3.

EDIT: Looking at the official weapon list, I guess the M16A2 won't be unlockable (Which I thought I saw somewhere earlier on)

Oh well, full auto M16 is all you get ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could just hit V and switch fire modes?
 
UMP though it will probably end up getting nerfed.

I'm actually not convinced that it will. It's all but useless at long range and not exactly great at medium range. Up close and personal however, you'd better be packing a shotty to beat the UMP and better not miss with your first shot cause you won't get a second one.
 
I've been using the M416 with some good results. Just have to change the attachments a lot depending on what stage of Metro your on.
 
M16A4 is full automatic.

M16A2 is burst .. which is a weapon you unlock in BF3.

EDIT: Looking at the official weapon list, I guess the M16A2 won't be unlockable (Which I thought I saw somewhere earlier on)

Oh well, full auto M16 is all you get ;)

wrONG

BF3 is using m16a3 (navy verison) which it has Full and semi

a1 - auto/semi
A2 - burst/semi
a3 - auto/semi
a4 - burst/semi
 
right now is the AEK! freakin amazing! barely any recoil with fore grip and suppressor which mean i can spray! :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top