Copy & Pasting *ACCESS DENIED**

kYuKi

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,354
Yep, again. But this time a simple restart won't fix it. I had UAC disabled and it still doesn't work. Went in and set User Groups (Only one with Admin) to have full control over it and STILL won't copy and paste. I'm trying to copy something from my EXTERNAL Hard drive into the C Drive btw.

*ADD*
So I decided to go through the Programs Folder, there seems to be duplicates of Admin allows/rights and for some reason none of them are set to have anythin. Any ideas?
 
Last edited:
You shouldn't mess with permissions unless you know what you're doing 100%.
You enable malware to be much much more devastating when you do so.

The easiest way to get around this without disabling UAC and messing with settings, log into the auto-included Administrator account.

  1. Run a command prompt as an Administrator, regardless if you're logged in as an admin.
  2. Type this into the command prompt: net user administrator /active:yes
  3. Restart, you'll notice an account called Administrator.
  4. Sign under it, try to copy the files again.
  5. Post in this thread with your results.
 
maybe try control insert to copy and shift insert to paste? I think it's the same buffer but it might be worth a try.
 
I will try this ASAP. I'm cleaning my computer out and doing a defrag.
 
You need to "take ownership" the files first , take ownership DOWNLOAD

Unzip the files & click install

"RigthClick the files to Take Ownership"
Now locate the file or folder on which you want to take ownership & click OK
takeownershipfiles.jpg



How to Grant Permissions ?

1. Locate the file or folder on which you want to take ownership

2. Right click on file or folder and select “Properties” from Context Menu
3. Click on Edit button in Properties windows Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
4. Select user/group from permission windows or click add to add other user or group.
5. Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions to Administrators group.
 
Thank you and as for the creating a new Administrator, there were some things unable to change or access, but what I was trying to do before works now. I can now copy & paste into my C drive with no problems as of yet. I think it may have something to do with a conflict with CCleaner (who has access to things like the recycle bin, one of the things not accessible) and COMODO. Although I could be wrong it could of been CCleaner entirely because I did a Registry clean with it.

As for the program, I will download it and if the problem occurs again I will post to see if it works...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top