- Joined
- May 9, 2010
- Messages
- 1,281
well, I installed a new cpu cooler yesterday, A CoolerMaster N520. Now here is the problem, since the cooler was installed, BIOS doesnt see any of my sata HDDs or my Opticals. Ive removed 1 drive at a time.. 2 of the drives will kill the power to the PC, like a short. I stripped my case bare, and cleaned it.. no scorch or burns anywhere on the mobo, all cap's look good, none burnt or swollen, nor leaking. All standoffs accounted for. All the fans run and BIOS loads, but 0 drives are listed. This really boggles my mind. I did 100% tear down, cleaned and re-installed. I didnt see anything out of the ordinary.
Im at a loss here. Not sure what the issue is.
Any and all input will be appreciated.
specs.
mobo: EVGA 780i SLI
PSU: OCZ Modxstream 650w
3 sata drives - 80(OS), 160(virtual memory and a few other programs, 250(games drive), 2 optical drives
cpu: core2quad q6600 2.4ghz
2x EVGA 9800 GTX vid cards
I cleared CMOS, and set BIOS back to default settings... RAM requires 2.2v, everything else is default.
thanks in advance guys.. this issue has me at a loss.
Matt.
Im at a loss here. Not sure what the issue is.
Any and all input will be appreciated.
specs.
mobo: EVGA 780i SLI
PSU: OCZ Modxstream 650w
3 sata drives - 80(OS), 160(virtual memory and a few other programs, 250(games drive), 2 optical drives
cpu: core2quad q6600 2.4ghz
2x EVGA 9800 GTX vid cards
I cleared CMOS, and set BIOS back to default settings... RAM requires 2.2v, everything else is default.
thanks in advance guys.. this issue has me at a loss.
Matt.



