It also depends on your system specs.
CPU?
RAM amount/type
power supply
Operating system
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1055T
RAM: 8GB of ram
power supply: not sure(how do i find out?)
OS: Windows 7 64 bit
Open up your case and look. It will be the box that your power cord plugs into.
Also, if this is a pre-built computer, could you please tell us who makes the computer and what model it is?
Uh I have my pc open and I'm not really sure where the power supply is. What exactly do you want?
It's the box that the power chord is plugged into inside of the computer. Do you know which wire is the power chord out the back of the computer?
Yes I think I found it. But what do you need from it? The name? I just took a picture of the label on it, I hope its good enough.
I think that says 300W, but it's blurry. If that is the case you are going to need a new power supply. Your cpu alone basically maxes out that PSU.
125-watt max CPU maxes out a 300-watt continuous PSU? :blink:
I guess I shouldn't have said CPU alone, but:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-phenom-ii-x6-1055t-overclocking_9.html#sect0