Will this work?

Thanks Reflex. Do you think this will run battlefield 3?

"run" is a very ambiguous term.

Yes, it will "run" almost any game for probably the next 3-5 years.

you might have to use 800x600 resolution with the setting all the way down, but it will still "run".

Well excuse me! Kidding. This is just what I understood as far how much an OS can address as far as memory.

Maybe if your GPU uses part of your system memory?

Say you installed 18GB of ram, but the GPU uses 2, so you realistically only have 16, but since HP only recognizes 16 total, you would have 16-2=14 available to the OS.

Pretty sure that would never happen with any modern gaming-grade video card though.
 
Latest Edition:

Hard Drive 1: Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3

Hard Drive 2: Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Universal

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa or Logitec G110

Mouse: Razer Deathadder

What do you think?

Any other changes i should make, i will be buying sometime this week.

I never tried Samsung HDD, but I would I highly suggest getting a WD caviar black 1tb. I have one, and its amazing, fast!

And I would exchange that 1tb, for an SSD, maybe 64 gb. You really don't need 2tb worth of drives unless you're into video/media production. If its games, replace that other HDD of yours and get an SSD.

That CPU cooler is excellent, heard many excellent reviews about it, I personally have a zalman 9700, it does the job. Though if you're not running low on budget, I would get spend the extra 40 or so bucks and get a noctua. Its all up to you.

You really dont need an expensive keyboard. You can just get a cheap one, and it does the job for you.

For the mouse, I have a G500 logitech, its amazing, and excellent if you like to palm or claw grip
 
Last edited:
For the mouse, I have a G500 logitech, its amazing, and excellent if you like to palm or claw grip

It's hard to suggest a mouse as everyone uses different grips and styles. I personally hate ergonomic mice. My Father (gamer) has the G500 and he let me try it out and I was not impressed with how it felt in my hand. I use to have a G5 and it's basically the same and I really hated having that too.

Depending on your hand size the G500 is not great for more then just palming it. Ergo mice are MEANT to be palmed anyways.

Claw grip and even the fingertip grip works better with ambidextrous mice, like my Lachesis. I personally grip mine different then even those 3.

I actually hold my mouse at a slight angle and grip it with my fingertips except my pinkie gets dragged along. The top part of my palm (last set of knuckles) rests against the "hump" in the mouse and I pivot with my wrist unless making small changes then I use my fingers.

<----Click. I actually hold it more of an angle then that, but it was hard to try and take the pic at my phone and get my hand right. XD


But maybe you have giant hands and can claw grip it better :) G500 is a good mouse though, just not for everyone, my Father is happy XD
 
I use my mouse pretty much the same as Celtic and my hands are not that big so i dont know about the G500.

I play on my laptop 90% of the time and i use a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500.

imgres


And on my Brothers computer which i use the rest of the time I use a Logitech cordless optical mouse.

imgres
 
btw, I think the fastest HD out right now is the Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 but it is atleast twice as much and like i said, if you have money to blow you might as well just go SSD instead of raid 0 with two hd's.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top