Headset?

GlobalRoyal

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
2,377
Well, i need a new headset, i looked over the headset reviews but they didn't seem to help.

I have a Ozone Attack headset but it broke on me in about 2 months.

So, can someone please send me a link of a low priced headset for like 20$-50$.


It will be greatly appreciated, because i really want to talk again on the eGO jail server.


Note: Use this format to give me a link or something.

Name of headset:
Price:
Link:
How long did you have it:
Your review (optional):


P.S.: I might not always check this thread and I might forget about looking at it, so if you can, please send a email to this email: [email protected]
 
Last edited:
Name of headset: Microsoft Life-Chat LX3000
Price: about 30USD
Link: linky
Your review (optional): It's a great budget headset. Don't expect great quality of build, however it is awesome for its price. I'm very happy with it.
 
Name of headset: Microsoft Life-Chat LX3000
Price: about 30USD
Link: linky
Your review (optional): It's a great budget headset. Don't expect great quality of build, however it is awesome for its price. I'm very happy with it.


It looks like a cool mic, but how long did you have it?
 
I'm on my second atm. It's not something that will last you longer than a year if you rage at times :-) I had my first one for about half a year until I accidentally ripped out a USB port on my computer via it. It got stuck to my leg as I was moving away :( It's also not supercomfortable but it's manageable for the sound and mic it gives.
 
Name of headset: Koss SB-49
Price: $25
Link:[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Koss-sb45-SB-45-Communication-Stereophones/dp/B00081A2CW[/ame]

How long did you have it: 2 ish years, plus my brother also has one.
Your review (optional): For 25 bucks its pretty good. Nice over the ear headsets, good mic. Lifetime warranty too.
 
Name of headset: Koss SB-49
Price: $25
Link:http://www.amazon.com/Koss-sb45-SB-45-Communication-Stereophones/dp/B00081A2CW

How long did you have it: 2 ish years, plus my brother also has one.
Your review (optional): For 25 bucks its pretty good. Nice over the ear headsets, good mic. Lifetime warranty too.

Had these for 3 years. If you rage even a little DON'T get these. I had to hold mine together with superglue for about 1 1/2 years. Most of the construction is plastic.

As far as sound quality, they're horrid unless paired with a sound card.
 
Had these for 3 years. If you rage even a little DON'T get these. I had to hold mine together with superglue for about 1 1/2 years. Most of the construction is plastic.

As far as sound quality, they're horrid unless paired with a sound card.

That just made me not want to get those.
 
That just made me not want to get those.
I didn't even rage, they just fell from my desk a few times before they broke. And no not on a concrete floor; carpet. I have them still as a back up I could show you if you'd like.

If your price point is 50 after taxes and shipping you don't have a whole lot of options to be honest. Pretty much anything less then 50 is a gamble as far as build quality in most cases.

Creative Fatal1ty MKII $49.99 <-- Click. This would be at the upper part of your price point. I've recommended these to a few buddies and they loved them. They've raged and they're fine.

PLANTRONICS GameCom 777 $49.99 <-- Click. This too is at the upper part of your price point. If you don't have a sound card it comes with a Dolby USB sound card to plug in and which you plug in your headset and it'll sound much better then the onboard most likely. But do note it is both 3.5mm (standard) and USB for those who don't have a sound card.

PLANTRONICS GameCom 367 $24.99 <--Click. Little brother of the above headset for half the price.

The above headphones have more of a reputation in the gaming community as being more solid, well built as have decent to great sound. The unfortunate thing with getting a headset is you drop sound quality because it's a combo with a microphone. It's like the Prius, you sacrifice horsepower to put an electric motor in to save yourself money on gas in the end. Personally what I'll be doing is getting Audiophile headphones and a clip mic which should suffice as far as gaming communication.

Also, I apologize for not using your format, I already finished by the time I noticed you wanted it in the specific format.
 
Name of headset: Sennheiser pc151
Price:$41
Link:[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-151-Noise-Canceling-Microphone/dp/B000NOR89Y[/ame]
How long did you have it: since last Christmas
Your review (optional): the cord will tangle easily rarely but when it does it can be easily fixed (slide ur finger along the cord). noise cancelling mic is decent unless you have a really loud tv blasting right nxt to u, etc. DO NOT LEAN FORWARDS OR BACKWARDS WITH THIS THING ON, IT WILL FALL OFF IF U HVE A SMALL HEAD, but on the bright side it will improve ur posture. THE SOUND QUALITY IS GREAT and its great for listening to music also. The ear pads r a love or hate thing.
 
Name of headset: Sennheiser pc151
Price:$41
Link:http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-151-Noise-Canceling-Microphone/dp/B000NOR89Y
How long did you have it: since last Christmas
Your review (optional): the cord will tangle easily rarely but when it does it can be easily fixed (slide ur finger along the cord). noise cancelling mic is decent unless you have a really loud tv blasting right nxt to u, etc. DO NOT LEAN FORWARDS OR BACKWARDS WITH THIS THING ON, IT WILL FALL OFF IF U HVE A SMALL HEAD, but on the bright side it will improve ur posture. THE SOUND QUALITY IS GREAT and its great for listening to music also. The ear pads r a love or hate thing.

I have these too, very good sound quality, comfortable and last long, replaced once in about 6 yrs because one of my granddaughters put the headset on and walked away:( I have not experienced any of the problems that Bravo mentioned, his head must be the size of an m&m, lol, j/k.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top