Source Engine Changes, CSS included.

Ivef

Active Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2011
Messages
353
Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
- Fixed an issue with the multi-threaded renderer which could cause a crash on map change
- Adjusted whitespace to improve formatting in status command output
- Changed stats output to show KB/s instead of bytes/sec, added a connections column, and changed the users column to "Map changes"
- Fixed game servers not being able to execute the retry command due to the dependence on the connect command (which is not executable by game servers)
- Made sndplaydelay executable by servers
- Server frame rate is now based on the tickrate of the active Source mod, not the fps_max convar
- Server processing delays have been reduced, especially for servers on modern Linux kernels
- Entity processing logic has been optimized to significantly reduce CPU usage on full servers
- Multi-threaded server code is now enabled by default under Linux (already enabled on Windows)
- An exploit with non-printable characters causing lag on Windows servers has been fixed
- CPU is fully yielded back to the system whenever the server is running faster than the tickrate
- Dramatic increase in performance for low-level math libraries
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Counter-Strike: Source
- Prevent AWP cycle time exploit using quick switch
- Fixed bug causing HUD History to display item pickups from nearby players
- Increased sized of HUD History resource to prevent clipping
- Changed grenade damage so that it always hits HITGROUP_GENERIC and takes into account armor for damage calculations
- Reduced standing and moving accuracy for pistols
- Decreased accuracy while moving with sniper rifles
- Added additional legacy mode (3) to cl_dynamiccrosshair
- Updated the localization files



Sadly, they patched the AWP fast switch.

source: http://store.steampowered.com/news/6510/
 
Since installing the update I get an engine error "Connect to replay.dll failed!" and the game cannot be started for me now =/
 
Yeah that error you guys are talking about happened to me also. I just uninstalled and everything was good.
 
Since installing the update I get an engine error "Connect to replay.dll failed!" and the game cannot be started for me now =/

I was having the same problem.
Go to your steam folder, steamapps, your username, and delete the Counter Strike folder. Don't need to do a full uninstall, this fixed my issue
 
I was having the same problem.
Go to your steam folder, steamapps, your username, and delete the Counter Strike folder. Don't need to do a full uninstall, this fixed my issue

This fixed my issues as well. Now if only I could get my sound to work.
 
atleast they didnt mess with the p90

haha... You own too much with p90 in highschool! damn they should have reduced it :P

I'm getting that replay.dll error too! and did anyone notice some valve intro before cs:s loads!

I like that moving sniper update :D Hopefully will reduce some crazy shots in d2 :P
 
The only bad thing about Valve patches is that they take a long time t..........................

WAIT A MOMENT:confused1:, ALL PISTOLS HAVE DECREASED MOVING AND STANDING ACCURACY! :scared:

Now my favorite gun game mode is ruined. :cursing:
I will never move past the pistol levels now. :(
 

Similar threads

Back
Top