Huge black bars on side of monitors

RustyPwns!

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
1,097
I was using my computer and then I turned away to answer a phone call which took about 5 minutes, then it went to sleep as usual, then I turn it on and then theres these huge black bars on the left and right sides of the screen. I have 460's SLI on windows 7 and I've tried everything. Someone please halp :(
 
most of the time, the issue you are describing is related to :

1) malfunctioning Video Driver > check for most up to date driver
2) a fault in the OverClock of the video card > if OC'd, set video cards back to default
3) over temp issue. > make sure the GPU fan is running and clean of any dust
 
If the above does not work, try unhooking the SLI. Hook up each card, one at a time to the monitor.

Also, it COULD be the monitor.
 
Don't forget to go into your monitors settings through the buttons on the bottom. Might be the problem as well.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top