CPU's headset buyers guide

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
Just so you all understand, this is from the November 2011 issue, so this info is hot off the presses. I felt the need to inform those who are possibly needing to upgrade their current set or possibly get a brand new headset. Just a lil heads up here, I will be listing these headsets from most expensive to least expensive (since thats how CPU magazine has it setup).

Starting off with:

Sony PC Gaming Headset
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...51&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=DRGA500
$199.99

Razer Megalodon
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153051
$149.99

Cooler Master Storm Sirus Gaming Headset
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826570013
$129.99

SteelSeries Siberia V2 USB
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Full-Size-Headset-Surround/dp/B002Q8IHEK[/ame]
$109.99

Tt eSPORTS SHOCK One
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826254008
$109.99

Corsair Vengeance 1500
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816005
$99.99

Logitech Wireless Headset H800
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Headset-Smartphones-981-000337/dp/B005GTNZUM[/ame]
$78.24

Corsair Vengeance 1300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816004
$79.99

Tt eSPORTS SHOCK
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826254004
$74.99

Razer Carcharias
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153043
$69.99

Tt eSPORTS SHOCK Spin
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826254010
$74.99

Logitech Wireless Headset H600
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitec...lack/3436118.p?id=1218403403529&skuId=3436118
$49.99

Logitech Wireless Headset for iPad
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/tablet-accessories/for-ipad/devices/8452
$69.99

Asus HS-1000W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826785001
$59.99

Asus CineVibe
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826785018
$54.99

Sony PC Gaming Headphones (DR-GA100)
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/DRGA100-DR-GA100BLK-PC-Headset-Mac-Linux/dp/B004OU4C5G[/ame]
$42.59

Cyber Acoustics AC-850
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-AC-850-Stereo-Headset/dp/B000BYQDME[/ame]
$23.99

Tt eSPORTS ISURUS
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Earphones-Capability-Microphone-HT-ISU005EBRE/dp/B004HPTH5I[/ame]
$35.99

Corsair Vengeance 1100
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CA-9011113-WW-Vengeance-Communication-Headset/dp/B005QUQP6W[/ame]
$39.99

Rosewill RHM-6308
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193055
$24.99

Rosewill RHM-556U
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193050
$14.99

To get the full on review of what they had to say, just go here: http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalEditions/Default.aspx & zoom in on pages 68-80.
 
I have the Siberia v2's but they were 60 bucks on amazon, but they are not usb which doesn't really change anything. Really no Sennheisers? Sennheiser are probabily the best headphones they last longer and have the best quality,

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-350-Collapsible-Microphone/dp/B0012XFDWO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319323062&sr=8-1[/ame]
pc350s
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-360-Headset-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319323057&sr=8-1[/ame]
pc360s
 
Yeah.... I disagree with basically this whole list. Where's the Sennheiser, Triton, Turtle Beach or any of the professional-grade brands? I'm sorry, but if I'm gonna buy an expensive headset it won't be from Corsair or Logitech, and definitely not Razer.
 
razer and logitech aint bad>_> they make good mouses and ok headphones
 
razer and logitech aint bad>_> they make good mouses and ok headphones

Sure, there are worse brands. But, for the quality you get they're incredibly overpriced. People complain about their $60+ headsets falling apart after moderate use for 6 months, while I'm sitting here with a $15 Turtle Beach headset after 3 years that sounds just as good.
 
Sure, there are worse brands. But, for the quality you get they're incredibly overpriced. People complain about their $60+ headsets falling apart after moderate use for 6 months, while I'm sitting here with a $15 Turtle Beach headset after 3 years that sounds just as good.
I have a Razer Carcharias and it's going on 2 years now. No issues after using it for 8 hours a day at least since. The sound is just fine with a dedicated sound card. On-board is another story.

Once Christmas comes around I'll be getting:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319423560&sr=8-1[/ame] Sennheiser HD598 Audiophile headphones (199.99 on Crutchfield)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319423655&sr=8-1[/ame] Zalman Zm-Mic1 (9.99)

USB headsets make me cringe. Hell, headsets make me cringe now.. One listen to any Audiophile headphone and you'd all understand XD

Those Sony's look.. just.. stupid >_>


I laughed when you said turtle beach is a good buy....
Every TB I've used have been either returned or given away. Horrid..
 

Latest posts

Back
Top