Need help on Graphics cards!

Mobeus

Title Not Found
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
404
Last edited:
The manufacturer's suggested minimum over-estimates the power draw because a lot of people buy really crappy $15 PSUs that can't support their rated wattages. It's a liability issue. Retailers, on the other hand, want to sell you a more expensive unit than what you need and will inflate the estimate for their own benefit. 500W will be plenty.

The three fans just help cooling. The lower the temps are the slower the fans spin, which equates to less noise. Personally, I would go with one of these:

MSI
Gigabyte
Sapphire

In that order.
 
The manufacturer's suggested minimum over-estimates the power draw because a lot of people buy really crappy $15 PSUs that can't support their rated wattages. It's a liability issue. Retailers, on the other hand, want to sell you a more expensive unit than what you need and will inflate the estimate for their own benefit. 500W will be plenty.

The three fans just help cooling. The lower the temps are the slower the fans spin, which equates to less noise. Personally, I would go with one of these:

MSI
Gigabyte
Sapphire

In that order.
this pretty much
 
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to get the Gigabyte pet rock suggested. Thanks again.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top