V8 Replacement Fan

phalanx

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
1,785
Alright, so I was hearing some grinding in the case and basically I figured out it was the 120mm fan in my v8 CPU cooler. Great thing about this cooler is it uses a 120 mm fan nestled in the center of the cooler. The fan itself is a 69.69CFM @ 1800RPM, 21dB and 2.94mm pressure, I found the CM Sickleflow, which has the same ratings @ 2000RPM, 19dB.

Any other suggestions on comparable 120mm fans? Or have I already hit the nail on the head with that fan?
 
I have that fan in the front of my HAF 922 case and it pushes a ton of air, and it's quite. How's the V8 for cooling?
 
I have that fan in the front of my HAF 922 case and it pushes a ton of air, and it's quite. How's the V8 for cooling?

Holds temps down really well, in the low to mid 20's C idle, and 30-50 C range in applications, provided you keep it clean. Pretty quiet at 21dB with the stock fan. Somewhat bulky and clunky making it somewhat difficult to install by yourself the first time around. Overall I have loved it, its been used in every build I've made, socket 775, AM3, 1155.
 
My V8's fan died ealier this year. I got a replacement fan from cooler master for free, but it took weeks to get to me. Still works fine, though. You are right about the clunkyness though. My next cpu cooler will be a noctua me thinks, as the cooler master fans are nothing special IMO.

-Blue
 

Latest posts

Back
Top