- Joined
- Jan 31, 2008
- Messages
- 5,768
Does anyone here have or had an ATI Radeon 6950?
If so, did you have stability problems, BSOD, lock-ups, driver recoveries ? If yes again, please in the name of what little sanity I have left please tell me how on earth you fixed it (if you managed to, if not let me know what you did)
I got it about two weeks ago and its been nothing but trouble, currently experiencing driver crashing leading to BSOD on screen waking. If I try to run on a single screen I get similar/same error. I
have doing to standard and googled the problem, instead of writing my information systems essay today I've been attempting to fix this issue but with no avail.
What I have currently tried:
What I have yet to do:
If you have suffered this or have an idea please post or I'm sending this thing back for a refund, no piece of hardware with such a documented failure should still be being sold.
If so, did you have stability problems, BSOD, lock-ups, driver recoveries ? If yes again, please in the name of what little sanity I have left please tell me how on earth you fixed it (if you managed to, if not let me know what you did)
I got it about two weeks ago and its been nothing but trouble, currently experiencing driver crashing leading to BSOD on screen waking. If I try to run on a single screen I get similar/same error. I
have doing to standard and googled the problem, instead of writing my information systems essay today I've been attempting to fix this issue but with no avail.
What I have currently tried:
- Reinstalled windows 7 (pro 64)
- Installed latest drivers (and stock)
- Added TdrDelay line to HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE graphics driver (just prolongs how long it takes to BSOD
- Tried to find multiple instances of ATKmpag in Regedit (suggested to remove) found two unable to remove ether.
What I have yet to do:
- Flash my mobo BIOS
- Flash the 6950 to 6970
- Underclock 6950 (some people found it worked some found no difference and finding the right level of under clock and fan increase is some what guess work)
If you have suffered this or have an idea please post or I'm sending this thing back for a refund, no piece of hardware with such a documented failure should still be being sold.










