Which Fallout?

Most people would say New Vegas, I say 3. The expansions make the game so much longer.
 
Especially the Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel. The broken steel is a MUST HAVE. Having that expansions allows you to continue the game after the "end" :D
 
What are the differences gameplay wise? Any difference in the RPG elements? Which has the better/more detailed plot? Differences in mechanical gameplay? Vastness of world?
 
i will always like fallout 3 much more than i llike NV. I mean - yes, NV was fun but it really didn't sperate itself as a title. the entire game feels like someone got bored with FO:3 and modded the game and added a "potion" thing in. Yes - i don't care at all for crafting. if your bored, reloading ammo is kinda fun but could be more involved.

as far as worlds go, the fo3 universe is much more realistic as far as scenary goes and the people in it are all unique - not just random characters that pick phrases from a list to say when you try to talk to them trying to find the quest character.

yes - its a fallout game with a pretty good storyline, i just personally wanted much more out of it as a title. so i'd say go for fallout 3 GOTY.


----


short read:

Get Fallout 3: GOTY
 
I love both games. The game play essentially the same you get fewer perks in new vegas though. Actual iron sights in NV. Fallout 3 was also way more friendly at exploring due to the enemies leveling with you in a uniform fashion opposed to NV where you could wander off and get destroyed by an enemy way too high level for you.

The only thing I didn't really like in NV is it doesn't have as much exploration value unlike 3. Sure there was a lot of locations to discover but there isn't really anything at like 80% of the locations unless they involved a quest of some kind. Unlike 3 which you could find some crazy stuff just be wondering off.
 
Last edited:
Fallout 3 was the better game story wise. New Vegas was fun, didn't feel as long (although still a long game in itself), and (as great as New Vegas was) was missing some of the wow Fallout 3 had. New Vegas felt like a very well produced expansion game for Fallout 3. I liked them both very much, but I give the slight edge to Fallout 3.
 
Most people would say New Vegas, I say 3. The expansions make the game so much longer.

That is if steam will give you the correct version. I was gifted FO3 GOTY and didn't get the dlc and steam didn't do anything, they told me to buy the dlc:(
 
Expansion-wise, FO3 is much better. So if the sale includes all dlc content, I'd go for that.

But New Vegas by itself i guess has more ways to actually play the game, with all the different factions you can join.
 
That is if steam will give you the correct version. I was gifted FO3 GOTY and didn't get the dlc and steam didn't do anything, they told me to buy the dlc:(
Are the dlc keys in with all your game keys? I had a similar propblem with Borderlands & had to manually enter the keys for the dlc.
 
Fallout 3 for sure, NV made me mad when you can only pick a perk every 2 lvls.
 
What are the differences gameplay wise? Any difference in the RPG elements? Which has the better/more detailed plot? Differences in mechanical gameplay? Vastness of world?

Factions are more evolved in New Vegas. You make someone happy, you piss everyone else off, vice-versa. Which makes for about 4-5 different game endings, which are still the same gameplay wise. You also don't get to have a personal house like in 3 (similar to Oblivion). Just a few motel rooms/suites.

Not really, VATS is pretty much the same, just less buggy. Gambling is a big plus as well, but is pretty irrelevant to the actual story and gameplay. Talking to people is almost the same, Speech is still one of the more important skills.

3 by far. You get sucked into the story in the first 10 minutes, with New Vegas you're just like "I'm confused.." at the beginning until the game gets going an hour later. (Once you replay it though, you start to understand it a lot better)

Well, they added aiming down the sights for New Vegas, which is one plus. But, there is probably a mod out there for 3 that does that too.

3. With the expansions you can go to locations outside of Washington, plus all the monuments are pretty accurate. In New Vegas, The Strip is incredibly smaller than what you would think.
 
Fallout 3, I always have installed on my system, and go back to play it over and over again. I played NV once, and prob won't play it again. 3's story was more engaging, and it felt a lot more fun. NV felt a little darker.
 
New vegas was aright some new things but did not really impresiise me fallout 3 has beter story and fun plus the expasions also make the game even more fun :) so if you want get fall out 3 but its really ur choice
 
Back
Top