Making a New desktop for black friday

Raul Tha Monk

Forum Legend
Joined
Aug 25, 2010
Messages
9,709
So I'm planing to make new desktop Some pretty good that im able to run Skyrim and Battlefiled 3 so since its gonna be black friday soon what would you guys recommend me getting and i kinda want it under $800dollars Get back with me
 
We cannot predict black friday deals.....


I guess i can kinda give you a guess...

i5 2500K $180
Z68 board $155
8GB DDR3 $25
case $35
power supply $65
GTX 570 $280
CPU cooler $30
HDD---???? idk, prices are all wack due to taiwan flood, i suggest you just hold out, and reuse an old one.

$765 before HDD. once HDD prices go back down, it should come out to about $800

THis is just based on estimations for what i expect BF to bring
 
We cannot predict black friday deals.....


I guess i can kinda give you a guess...

i5 2500K $180
Z68 board $155
8GB DDR3 $25
case $35
power supply $65
GTX 570 $280
CPU cooler $30
HDD---???? idk, prices are all wack due to taiwan flood, i suggest you just hold out, and reuse an old one.

$765 before HDD. once HDD prices go back down, it should come out to about $800

THis is just based on estimations for what i expect BF to bring

Thanks u so much do i have to buy all of these online or can i get them at a frys electronics store
 
you can get them anywhere...i'd go with whatever is cheapest....

I might be being a bit optimistic there with the 2500K, it might be about 200$ no one really knows until retailers put out their black friday ads
 
Don't forget Cyber Monday. That's when Newegg.com slashes their prices for us gamers.
 
usually after...

last year black friday/cyber moday were realllllly weak....hopefully this year, retailers will do better
 
usually after...

last year black friday/cyber moday were realllllly weak....hopefully this year, retailers will do better

thanks caus I will be buying a new build soon and I will probably have it done by then, speaking of which I should probably make a thread later tonight to run it past you guys...
 
Quick question which is better AMD or Intel my friend its the same and cheaper if i get AMD
 
no, not really....

nothing AMD makes right now is worth it over the 2500K
 
If you're stuck on a budget, that's where I can see a person going with an AMD build. Otherwise, the i5-2500K is probably the best bang-for-the-buck processor in terms of pricing and performance.

I concur with reflex99.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top