Keep drivers up-to-date?

BlackBird.

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
2,865
Hello,

I wanna make sure all my drivers are up-to-date on my laptop.
Like the intel HD graphic and 2nd Nvidea graphic card, maybe some other drivers
which are needed for better performance.

Is there a programma which tells you what drivers are up to date and not?

There are a lot of programs which are full of crap, so does somebody know one of these programs which works good?

Thanks

Bird.
 
If you have a Nvidia Graphics card, then you need to go to nvidia's website, select your model, download and install the drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/global/global.php

If you don't know what card you have, search run in programs and files, choose run, and under open type in dxdiag, once on that page, choose the display tab, and it should say under name what card you have.
 
Just Run Device Manager... Right Click All Those U Want 2 B Updated... N Click On Update Driver Software... Or Click Properties>Driver>Update Driver...
 
the device manager is a no go. It only tells if a driver is not installed.

@ chillydude: he means a program that scans your PC for hardware and the installed drivers. If a driver is outdated it'll automatic install a new one.

I know 1: driveragent but it's a pain in the ass. You have to make an account, you have to pay for it i think (?) and when you install a driver it does it pretty bad. It messed up my GPU pretty bad. 1 core didn't work anymore other one was overclocked and was 80? at normal ;O. (GPU is the 5970).

Just download drivers manually. It's like a BIOS basicly. If it doesn't work anymore, or you HAVE to upgrade, do it. Otherwise don't touch it :P
 
+! to Slayer. As the adage goes, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke!"

Quick google search points to DriverAgent, DriverGuide, and Uniblue DdriverScanner. Never used any of them personally. I update my drivers when I need to (when I receive a notice saying I need to update to continue).
 
Well of course if you don't want to fill your PC up with garbage you could always:

Click Start - Control Panel - Device Manager

Then just go through your devices searching on Google for drivers, make sure you pick official sites when you download drivers.
 
Ok thanks for the replies guys. Of course I can download it all manually, but I dont know what drivers im suppose to have. Graphic card.... thats all I can think of xD
 
Like several others mentioned, Device Manager actually helps you keep your drivers up-to-date. When you right click the driver, there should be a option "Update driver software" or something of the sort. If you have the updated version of the driver on your computer already, than you can manually update it, OR select the feature that has the Device Manager search the web for the update if you don't have it on hand.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top