My Computer Idea

iMatthew

Forum Fiend
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
645
This is a setup for a computer I expect to buy this spring. Please help and comment. My budget is $1,500 and I want good FPS, I play CoD, CS:S, TF2, Minecraft, and BF3 (I'm okay with low quality settings to play BF3 at 50+ fps)

  • Case: NZXT Phantom (White)
  • Processor: AMD Phenom 2 quad 2.8ghz(Will most likely change)
  • RAM: 4gb ddr3 1600 (will upgrade later)
  • GPU: AMD Raedeon 6870(Might get another later with RAM)
  • Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 -- AMD 970
  • PSU: Corsair AX850 (for CrossFire setup later on)
  • HDD: 1TB (not sure which brand, most likely WD Caviar Black... not interested in SSD)
  • OS: Win 7 Home Premium OEM 64-bit
 
Err, what you have listed does not even touch $1500. But for that budget, you will definitely want a 2500k. Well, since you are buying in spring, hopefully ivy bridge is released by then which will be the upgrade to sandy. 6870 is also weak for the budget. 6950 is better at this price point. However, both amd and nvidia should release their new cards by then which should be big improvements hopefully. Basically, this is irrelevant currently given that the land scape will hopefully change quite a bit come spring '12. That is a good thing though.
 
in the spring the market will be completely different than it is now.

wait until you are ready to buy, then come ask us.

for $1500, that is a terrible waste of funds...i could do way better
 
A 750 watt PSU will do you just fine, I also agree with the others on the CPU. I have a sandy myself, and its magnifico
 
For that money, just build an i5-2500k Build. That one is pretty wasteful. Also, I believe the Ivy bridge CPUs come out in March, so it might be worth a wait.

EDIT: And reflex, how do you like the FX-8150?
 
Oh you'll be able to afford much more than that with a $1500 budget. I was able to build a pretty nice 2500k build for around $950 without rebates which ill get approx $115 back.
 
For that money, just build an i5-2500k Build. That one is pretty wasteful. Also, I believe the Ivy bridge CPUs come out in March, so it might be worth a wait.

EDIT: And reflex, how do you like the FX-8150?

it makes me feel like an internet gangsta
 

Latest posts

Back
Top